Fathia Balogun Biography: Here Are 10 Must-Know Facts About The Stunning Nollywood Actress
Who is Fathia Balogun?
Fathia Balogun is a Nigerian actress, producer, and director who is known far beyond the Yoruba movies scene. The actress and producer has been in the Nollywood industry since the 90s, she started off with acting and has played various roles in various movies, Yoruba movies particularly. Over the years, the actress has greatly groomed her craft and is without a doubt one of the Nollywood icons from the lots of years and movies she has delivered award-winning performances. This article contains ten facts you probably didn’t know about the talented actress;
Top 10 Facts To Know About Actress the talented Nollywood Actress and Producer, Fathia Balogun
Though quite popular and increasingly recognized for her works, little is known about the actress outside her screen roles and acts as a result, there are continuous questions about the actress’ age, family, and relationships. Here is some of the answers avoid to the public on those;
- Though known simply as Fathia Balogun, the stunning actress was born with full name, Fathia Akorede Adunni Williams on the 5th of February, 1969 into a large polygamous family in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria. Fathia Balogun, however, hails from Ukwara Water Side Local Government, in Delta State, Nigeria. The actress and her siblings grew up in Ikeja, Lagos State.
- Fathia Akorede Adunni Williams was born to Yoruba parents, Talayo Abeni Teniola and Mr. Williams. She has five known siblings; Charles, Ken, Anderson, Stella, and Arike Josephine. The actress’s change in name was because she adopted and has since kept the last name of her ex-husband, Saheed Balogun.
- The actress did most of her schooling in Lagos. Her nursery and then primary school education was in Olufunmila Nursery School and Maryland Primary School, Maryland respectively. She then attended Maryland Comprehensive High School and after her graduation went on to Kwara State Polytechnic. She however didn’t stop there, Fathia Balogun also enrolled in Lagos State University which is where she obtained her degree in Economics.
- Fathia Balogun divulged that she initially wanted to be a broadcaster, not an actress, and even more, her father had wanted her to become an accountant. She however found herself on the acting scenes much sooner than her career dreams. The stunning actress has been in the entertainment industry a while and she got into the Nollywood scenes in the early 90s.
- Fathia Balogun is a popular and award-winning Nollywood actress, producer, and filmmaker. She appears vastly in Yoruba movies. She has grown with her roles and is no exception to the remarkable growth the Nollywood industry has experienced. Fathia has featured in a long list of works, among which includes; Omo Ale (2015), Teni Teka (2015), My Woman (2018), Aje meta parts 1 and 2 (2008), Adakeja (2016), Agbelebu Mi (2016), Eku Eda (2016), Farayola (2009), Basira Badia (2016) and lots more.
- Proof of her talented acting asides from fans’ recognitions is the awards she has won as well. She won the Most Outstanding Actress Indigenous and Best Indigenous Film Of The Year at the Africa Movie Academy Award in 2008. She also won the Best Actress Of The Year during the Africa Movie Academy Award and in 2015, she got the award for the Best Indigenous Language: Yoruba award at the Africa-Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA).
- The Nollywood actress was formerly married to Saheed Balogun, a Nigerian actor, producer, director and much like herself, he features in Yoruba movies. They got married in September 2000 at the Ikorodu Marriage Registry in Lagos. The couple at the time featured in several Nollywood movies together. The marriage lasted for fourteen years and they spilt in 2014. The actress has also stayed single since her divorce. She has however recently become friends with her ex-husband after settling their misunderstandings.
- The actress had two children from her marriage to Saheed Balogun. Her kids; Aaliyah Balogun which is her first was born April 6th, 2001 and her son, Khalid Balogun.
- Fathia Balogun has an estimated net worth of $400,000. Her wealth comes from a number of means asides from her acting. She has bagged various ambassador deals for different brands and she once earned N5,000 per month at Chips Bit & Bit, a Computer Company on Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos where she worked as a receptionist.
- The actress outsides her screen work is also very much into charity and has founded a charity NGO, Faithia$ I, which is concerned with catering for financially and morally less privileged children. She is also a business owner. She owns House of Faiteer, a beauty and wine shop.