Black Soap: Best Recipes for Making Black Soap for a Glowing Skin
Black soaps are known amongst most Nigerians to really be the secret to glowing skin. Basically, if you’d like for your melanin to pop, all you’d need to do is get a really good, tested, and trusted black soap. The only problem, however, might be that some of these black soaps are unnecessarily pricey, and some of them weren’t so properly made. The safest option for you would be to make your own black soap. Easily and conveniently.
But how do you go about mixing a good black soap? To start with, as with every good thing, you’ll need a full list of recipes.
What Are The Recipes For Making Black Soap for Caramel Skin?
As you’d probably already know, the ingredients involved in making black soaps or even creams, differ from complexion to complexion. Here are the ingredients you’d need to make black soap for your caramel skin.
- Shea butter
- Banana peels or cocoa pods
- Any dried herbs or essential oils
- Distilled water
- Two heat-resistant bowls of different sizes
- spatula to shape
- Skimmer spoon
How to Make Black Soap for Caramel Skin
- Start by turning the banana peel or the cocoa pods into ashes. You have to choose one of them.
- Grind the ash thoroughly until it is as smooth as fine powder.
- Carefully heat the water, but don’t let it boil.
- Add the ash powder and dissolve it gently in the hot water. The more ash you add, the darker and more concentrated your product will be, but you can add as much powder as you want. It depends on how you like it.
- Melt the shea butter in a gentle and slow manner. Be sure not to overheat the shea butter.
- Mix the melted butter with the ash water.
- Stir gently and keep on heating the mixture with a water bath or heat-resistant bowls,
- Add oils and or dried herbs.
- With your skimmer spoon, carefully collect the film as it comes up on the surface and pour the liquid into the molds.
- Leave the molds in a cool and dry place for some weeks.
- After this, the liquid base will be set and you’ll be able to use it.
What Are The Recipes For Making Black Soap for Lightened Skin?
Before you begin, it’s important that you wear rubber gloves so your hands are protected.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- 5 tablespoons of orange peel powder
- 4 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- ½ tablespoon sulfur (powdered)
- 50 ml of fresh lemon juice
- 500 g African black soap (melt and pour base)
- Lukewarm rice water
- Mortar and pestle
- Measuring scales and measuring spoons
- Multiple bowls
How to Make Black Soap for Lightened Skin
- Take a bowl and heat the black soap.
- Add the rice water to the liquid.
- Take a spatula to mix the rice water with the liquid.
- Add the turmeric powder, orange peel, sulfur, milk, and sandalwood.
- Beat it all carefully and thoroughly.
- Melt the shea butter and add the melted butter to the mix.
- Add the lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- Stir the mixture until it’s completely smooth.